Our Aim is to connect our community through sport, encouraging more people to participate in healthy physical activity and to adopt a positive lifestyle, to strengthen Jewish identity and continuity and make friends for life.
1. Provide high quality services and support to Maccabi Victoria-affiliated clubs
2. Secure a diverse income stream to ensure Maccabi Victoria is a sustainable entity and able to achieve its goals
3. Raise the profile of Maccabi Victoria in our community
· Continuity of Jewish identity
· Strong community connections
· Achievement in sport
· Fair play
· Participation by all
· Healthy & positive lifestyles
Maccabi Victoria has represented Jewish sport in Victoria for over 80 years. We are the largest Jewish organisation in Australia with:
· 23 sporting and recreational clubs
· over 4,200 active playing members
· more than 600 regular volunteers
· 11,000 members, parents, family and friends
Maccabi Victoria is an Incorporated Association which relies on the commitment of dedicated volunteers and financial contributions from individuals and business sponsorships and our annual Links for Life Appeal.
Tax-deductible donations to the Maccabi Victoria Sports Foundation provide essential equipment, training programs for volunteer coaches and players, support of disabled players, fee relief for financially disadvantaged households, development of new sporting and social facilities, and much more, to 23 Maccabi Victoria Clubs.
Maccabi Victoria is part of the worldwide Maccabi family represented in over 50 countries with over 400,000 members. Our members participate in national and international sporting events including Junior Carnival and the Maccabiah Games.